Note that car number on car pictured may be different from the car you are purchasing.
The 17,600 Gallon Corn Syrup Tank Car was built in large numbers by Trinity Industries between 1984 and 1998. They are commonly used in the transport of corn syrup, liquid sugar and molasses from processing facilities to bulk distribution centers. Over 7,000 cars were built and most remain in active service today.
- Three separate styles of manway / platform / ladder arrangements (used as appropriate per road name)
- Fine scale railings
- Separately applied brake rigging
- Separately applied manway “clamshell”-style cover (used when appropriate per road name)
- 100-Ton Roller Bearing Trucks
- Accurate painting and printing
- Full stand-alone brake system details
- Bottom outlet valve detail
- Stand-alone heater coil pipes
- Highly detailed body with prototypical jacket seams
- See-through top platform grating
- AccuMate® couplers