Due to the success of the locomotives with GO Transit, Metrolink in California placed an order for 22 F59PHs, which were delivered between 1992 and 1993. Metrolink would later lease an additional 3 units in 2018 from LTEX, to allow for PTC upgrades to be made to their own units. These are ex. GO units.
In 2007, GO Transit began retiring its fleet of F59PHs and replacing them with the MPI MP40PH-3C. Many were sold to other railroads, including AMT, Metra, NCDOT, and RB Railway Group. However, GO still has several units in service to supplement the new fleet of MP40PHs and MP54ACs.
- Scaled from field measurements & diagrams of a GO F59PH
- End metal handrails with plastic stanchions
- Incredible underframe details including traction motor cables and other piping, and a ridiculous number of separately applied parts
- All-metal etched grilles
- Full cab interior
- Heavy, die-cast chassis with dual flywheels and silky-smooth drive
- Operating headlights, rear light, and ditch lights
- Accurate sounds recorded from a GM 12-710G3A
- DCC/Sound units come equipped with an ESU LokSound decoder